<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14495357\x26blogName\x3dGrand+Opening+-+Grand+Closing\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://grandopening-grandclosing.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://grandopening-grandclosing.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7226530990051464965', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

So Much of A Good Thing

Last night I took a walk through Darling Harbour, what a beautiful little place. I'm finally slipping into a routine of travelling alone, which helps. The only times it really bothers me is around 8 or 9 at night when everyone is hanging and I'm kinda off on my own. But that's good, it's what I asked for, some time to put my head in order and sort things out. After Darling Harbour, I walked out past Hyde Park, also an amazing place, and around throughout the evening. Finally I made my way back and set in for bed. I got up at around 7:30am and had my breakfast and checked the surf reports. It looked like Bondi beach would be nice and have the lockers I'd need to store my board bag and clothing. It's strange, Australia and New Zealand really are meant to be travelled by car, in every way. It's tough to manage things without one, but I figure it out. So Bondi beach is merely 15 minutes from the city and unbelievable. They call it busy, but when I saw it atleast, it was about Waikiki-type busy, but never obnoxiously so. The water is kind of crowded, but what do I care, I suck ass, I can't tell the difference. I'm sure things would have been crazier if the surf was bigger. Again, I didn't really manage to catch anything, but I'm getting more and more comfortable in the water, paddling more efficiently, figuring out the rips, reading the breaks and just generally becoming much more mobile. That makes it easier. I can feel myself learning with each time out. I went out in three different legs, and layed out in the sun in between. Only problem was, I forgot my sunscreen in my hurry to get out of the hostel and meet high tide. So after about 4 or 5 hours, I knew I was gonna be in pain, so I had a bite to eat and got out of there. I'm really really drained. It was like 70 degrees, but the water was frigid, so I wore my suit. Also, let me address the hot girls once more. It's ridiculous. There are so many, it makes me angry. I've lived in New York, where supposedly the streets are filled with amazing girls (only sort of true), but this is absurd. I've seen atleast 10 doppelgangers to Gisel, Mallory from Real World, Naomi Watts. They are everywhere. It's insane. All colors, all types, every which way. If God truly, truly, truly loved me, he'd find me an Australian wife so I could get some citizenship. Cause I'll tell you this much, family listen up (yoú lucked out big time here), if it weren't so difficult to get residency, I'd move here in an instant. It's hand down the most incredible place I've ever been. Ever. Go Sydney.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment