<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14495357\x26blogName\x3dGrand+Opening+-+Grand+Closing\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://grandopening-grandclosing.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://grandopening-grandclosing.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7226530990051464965', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

So Lets Talk About Some Sydney

So yesterday I was happily awoken from a mid-afternoon nap by Nik & Jez. I showed them what I had found of Auckland and we hunted for some Clarks. We then acquired some Subway, which is everywhere, and enjoyed it thoroughly on the rooftop, looking out onto the Auckland harbor. Nik & Jez plan on moving to Auckland, or the sorrounding area, so it was cool to look around and explore what would soon be their home. We then resolved to see "The 40 Year Old Virgin" which started out rough, but soon redeemed itself in full. We then headed back to the bar at the hostel and to Jez's delight. It was quiz night. They then proceeded to stretch a 4 round quiz into 6 pitchers of beer and a 3 hour contest. It was also perhaps THE MOST bogus quiz night I've ever been part of. They said that the Wright Brothers plane was called "The Flyer". That sounds like some European double-talk to me, last time I checked it was the "Kitty Hawk", although, I first tossed my quiz guess out as "Think it's the tittyhawk." No. Kittyhawk it was. This proceeded into the wee hours, upon which I returned to my room and pulled my bag togethor, barely, and set my travel alarm, only to awake two hours later and be picked up by the airport shuttle. I then went through all the shinanigans of flying to Sydney, a 3 hour sleep fest. I'm always that asshole who falls asleep at the beginning of the flight and wakes up JUST IN TIME to miss breakfast, but shift around restlessly and finally request it once it's good and inconvenient for everyone involved. Eitherway. I would say that the customs situation at the Sydney airport is one of the worst I've seen and took nearly an hour. I also was rudely awakened to the city when I had to purchase my 50 dollar transit pass. Granted, that is unlimited for a week and gets me unlimited ferry access to all beaches. Still seemed a bit steep. I then proceeded to get thoroughly lost within Sydney's more-than-impressive transit system. I finally came above ground to the "Kings Crossing" neighborhood where my hostel was. I knew that this area was the "Red Light" district and a bit trouble, but I had also heard that this was where most the backpackers were. Well, needless to say, my hostel was down a back alley, covered in heavy brush and seemed to be a small house that was locked. I quickly decided to make haste out of there, past the homeless woman peeing into milk containter. Cheers. I simply have to much stuff (i.e. a surf board) that relies on trustworthy roomies (too big to lock up really) and this was not the place. I had stayed at a place called "Base" in Auckland that was fantastic, I knew they had a spot here in Sydney. I tried not to panic too bad, found an internet cafe, got the Base number, made a call, they had availability, got directions, took the train here and checked in about an hour later. I called and cancelled at "The Palms" in the ghetto. Thank you very much. Now, onto the positives. Sydney seems beautiful and busy and amazing. Many people my age, all very stylish and quick-moving. And may I also say, that without a doubt, Sydney is filled with the most beautiful array of women I have ever layed eyes on. Jez had mentioned that there were some pretty girls here (I had said I didn't see many pretty Kiwis), but this is ridiculous. It's like some strange universe of hotness, everywhere you look. I look east, Bam, ridiculous, west, shizam, more hotness, north, Giddy-up! there's some hotness. Everywhere. Tough to put words to. But also as Jez said, when there are so many young attractive people "sharking eachother up", it either makes you feel old, or in my case, a bit exhausted. Either way, I've just sat down at my nice hostel and now plan to go find some food. All this has happened and it's only 11am here. Crazy. Í'm off.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

7:46 PM

here's a good plan: get kali postcards and perhaps a cool souvenir. lol i love and miss ya. have fun living it up, lucky!    



» Post a Comment