<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14495357\x26blogName\x3dGrand+Opening+-+Grand+Closing\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://grandopening-grandclosing.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://grandopening-grandclosing.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7226530990051464965', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

I Have A Lover: Her Name Is "Natalie"

Today I got up freakishly early because, hey, other people in my room were up and strangely loud. So I messed about till the "Continental Breakfast"at the hostel at 8am. I went down, and was a bit thrown off by the lack of a place to pay and the copious amount of food. I wandered out, a bit confused, then turned my butt around as soon as I realized that I was in no position to be questioning free food. I ate heartily and checked the surf reports. Manly Beach had a 1 foot swell and it was raining. I decided to leave the surfboard behind. I headed, via subway, down to "Circular Quay"(pronounced key, and used in many cheesy business names like 'Quay To My Heart Jewelry'). This is where all the many ferries head out from. I hopped on my ferry and caught many great photos of not only the Opera House, but the Harbor Bridge as well. It may have been a rainy day, but the view was still stunning. A half hour later, I was in Manly. I made my way down the main drag, filled with surf shops and your pre-requisite "Billabong", "Rip Curl", and "Quicksilver" stores. I got to the beach and was relieved to see zero surf, just some small little things licking at the beach. I hadn't made any huge mistakes in leaving that bastard inconvenience of a surf board behind. The weather will be better tomorrow, and I'll head back to Bondi, this time with sunscreen, tomorrow. On my way back to the ferry, I spot a shoe store, I head in and notice their outstanding array of Asic "Tigers". The sales lady, yet another beautiful Aussie, asked me if I'm okay just looking. I say Ï'm just looking for this... they're called Çlarks'. She says "We've got Clarks". I say "But, yeah- I realize but- nobody has this one-" They totally had them. Genius. Perfect. God had briefly shown his light upon me and there they were. Amazing. I quickly purchased them, the "Natalie"in brown with a tan sole running up the front and back. Mission accomplished. I began talking with the girl, she had mentioned her family was from Brisbane and I mentioned I was going. She remarked as to what a boring crap hole it was, and told me about 30 places (maps and everything included) that were totally better and pretty much, both financially and tactically, out of my reach on this trip. That brings us to a pretty big reality about this trip: Australia is amazing, and requires a car, and more money, an open schedule, and time. I hope to come back very soon, but it goes without saying that I am missing out on massive amounts of beauty and character in so many different locations, but I simply don't have the time, or the money to change tickets to get to all these places. I'll do my best and not complain about what I get. But in the future, it'd be nice to be back. Now, I'm considering seeing a film. I almost made a gruesome mistake and saw "SHARKS 3D!" at the Imax (at the moment it seemed healthy to connfront fears head-on) but then I saw that it was 17 bucks Aussie Dollars, roughyl 12.50 American, and that did the deciding for me. Off to see something else, sans the IMAX, 3D and very real predators that eat surfers, especially bad ones.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment