<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\07514495357\46blogName\75Grand+Opening+-+Grand+Closing\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75BLUE\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://grandopening-grandclosing.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en_US\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://grandopening-grandclosing.blogspot.com/\46vt\75-7226530990051464965', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

A Follow Up

Alright, alright, I'm not moving to China. For now....
That is the really tough part of all this travelling. It sounds cheesy or stupid, but each step into a direction you haven't travelled, you see about twenty more paths that are available to you. I've always had trouble really making the most of the path I'm on BEFORE hopping to the next.
So that's been my largest lesson, learning how to give myself some time to let things work. Give LA 6 months before freaking out and going back to New York, giving myself a year before I up and go to China for 6 months, so on and so forth.
The trip is coming to it's tail end, I've really had a wonderful time here, and I think that it's helped put plenty into perspective. It's also helped me realize what a special time I had in New York, sorrounded with really indredible people, whether it was at work with Mark and the Twins and James and Jen and Tamara, or at home with my really close friends Aaron and Marc and Andre. It's also made me miss Tucker a good bunch. You heard me buddy, I miss ya. I was thinking about when we first moved into our apartment, and how we met at such similar times in our lives, it was a really great time living with him. I also was really happy about getting to spend my last month with Aaron and Marc, remembered going to MIA. I was really happy about my going away party, debauchery and all, and meeting AShely (the ballerina) and Jen. It all turned out to be such a lucky thing, and it's hard not to sit here and be like... shit, I wanna go back to New York, RIGHT NOW. But then, just like the China thing... I let it simmer a bit, and realize that, first of all, you new yorkers are headed for winter (very dark, very depressing), and I have an equally amazing group of people waiting in Los Angeles. So, worse case scenario is, I get to LA, hang out with amazing people till June, then I'm back being obnoxious and playing Civilization with Aaron in New York. We'll see, either way, the big lesson for me is figuring out how to really enjoy each thing, let it be it's own isolated experience, without always looking onto the next thing.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

3:27 AM

Well said. Glad you had a great trip. Miss you here in NY, Keegan. Laguna Beach and the Real World is just not the same without you. If fact, it's just NOT. Hope to see you soon, even if that means June.

~ Marc    



5:14 PM

I've just found your blog about mocha latte whilst I was looking for more information to add to my blog about mocha latte. You've got a great blog going here. It's always good to have more information about mocha latte. I've just started my own blog about mocha latte if you would like to take a look.
Keep up the good work.    



» Post a Comment