<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14495357\x26blogName\x3dGrand+Opening+-+Grand+Closing\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://grandopening-grandclosing.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://grandopening-grandclosing.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7226530990051464965', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Brisbane Isn't Awful

So today I took some time to walk deeper into Brisbane and have a look. It's built around a series of rivers (or maybe just one, who knows) that run through the city, and they use it well. There is a cool river walk, a pretty bridge, and the architecture of the larger buildings is really nice. The center of the city is based around an outdoor mall-type situation with lots of shopping. The city is nice and looks nice at night, but is definately nothing to brag about. Either way, tomorrow I leave here bright and early (5am) for Fiji. But I get to do this via 3 different airlines, spanning three continents and a lot of pains in the butt. I have to check my surfboard and back pack for my brisbane to sydney flight, get it in sydney, transfer to the international terminal, check in, get my surfboard and backpack in auckland, go through customs, go back upstairs, check in, get my surfboard and backpack in fiji, then get the bus to my hostel. Needless to say, this has huge potential for sucking. Here's hoping it's not TOO painful. In Fiji, I'll be fairly isolated, since there is no phone card that really is worth the money to call from there. So I'll be relegated to internet, if they even have that. I'm excited. Also, I'll be meeting up with Nik and Jez and the ruckus will be brought full stop. Also, I've been meaning to tell everyone that there is a crazy bird here that people regard as regular as the pigeon or something, but has this huge, narrow foot long beak. Scary. Also, there is this black crow-like bird that's caw sounds something like a small 5 year old possesed by Satan. It is unnerving to say the least, especially when they are gather in a place and all making noise.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

7:37 AM

I'm enjoying these stories, so much! I hope you're freakin having a blast in Fiji!

Nick J    



4:12 PM

Keeg, we miss you So much. Come home soon. We'll meet you at mom and dad's. Love t,s and J    



» Post a Comment