<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14495357\x26blogName\x3dGrand+Opening+-+Grand+Closing\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://grandopening-grandclosing.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://grandopening-grandclosing.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7226530990051464965', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

MIA at SUMMERSTAGE!!


MIA played a free show in central park on sunday and it was the largest crowd Summerstage saw all season. The line stretched around the block and was mind blowing. I must say, the DJ sets winding up to MIA, just like the last show, killed me and my soul at times. But I did enjoy Basement Bhangra much more this time. Either way, MIA is frickin amazing, her music is ridiculous and last night, I had a dream that we agreed to escape to Sri Lanka and have a shotgun wedding. I like MIA, enough said. Not only was Sherry, the hype chick who freaks the fence in the "Bucky Done Gone" video there, there was a second girl who had the sole responsibility of dancing. Amazing. At one point, some sweaty dude in his underwear got onstage and danced with Maya. The picture is amazing cause she's making the dance gesture for "doggystyle" and looking at his goods. Either way, you can check out more picks thanks to BROOKLYN VEGAN right HERE. Can I also add that my high point, was when they left the stage after like 6 songs, and the audience was confused... we didn't know what was going on... was that it?.... was there an encore?... are they kidding?... then, suddenly, there they were... IN WHOLE NEW OUTFITS. Amazing, costume change. I'm sold. And as for DIPLO, I'm sorry man, but by the time you got on, I was so frickin' tired, I couldn't handle it. Talk to Mr. Vegas about that shit, that dude sucked some big ones and kept tricking me into putting my hands up. He'd be like "Who wants some MIA? Put ya mutha fuckin' hands up!" (I put my hands up.) "Now wavem' side ta side!". DAMNIT! Bamboozled again!


Also, you can check out a bunch of pics and videos from her Coachella performance on Punk Ass Bitch's website.

You can also check her out live on Jimmy Kimmel Live thanks to Sepiamutiny.










VISIT MIA'S WEBSITE
READ PITCHFORK'S REVIEW OF 'ARULAR'


-- Keegan
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

12:56 PM

Man Keegan this blog is totally a 2 man operation.    



1:31 PM

No joke. And may I say, that this post, the 2046 review and my rahim post have been really really thorough. I'm becoming a fan of including lots of links and resources.    



9:39 AM

Hey keegan, if you get the chance hunt down a clip of the ol' hidden ball trick used in the Marlins/D'backs game last night. I hate baseball with the passion of a thousand suns, but when an entire stadium is duped, that's highlight worthy.    



» Post a Comment