<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14495357\x26blogName\x3dGrand+Opening+-+Grand+Closing\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://grandopening-grandclosing.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://grandopening-grandclosing.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7226530990051464965', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Racial Profiling and Freedom of Opinion

I'm having a hard time responding to the extreme reaction I've received due to my "You Can't Descriminate When Your Dead" post. I have plenty of opinions and emotions regarding the length to which people have gone to express their anger. All I will say is that I view the post as an expression of an emotion at the time, not a political statement, and I have little taste or patience for political debate, especially within this blog. I appreciate everyone's willingness to comment on the post, I don't, however, enjoy the collateral reactions and the use of the post to grandstand politically. Most importantly, I just wanted to say that I meant it as a quick expression of frustration, and should have not stepped into political territory. I, personally, will not approach political topics in the future in the blog, because I don't have any interest in debating them. I feel dissapointed in the purpose of the blog currently, because initially, for me, it was a means to express funny little emotions I would experience throughout the day. This post has proved that no longer a possibility. That is dissapointing and makes me question the purpose. I never wanted a blog of simply politics, or reviews or such. I wanted it to continue as an expression of personal quirkiness and taste. I guess, in theory, political agendas could be perceived as that, but they hold no interest to me.

Sadly, I feel this brings me to a point where my interest is no longer in the blog. I have enjoyed the ride and look forward to where it may end up.

Signing off

--Keegan DeWitt
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

12:58 PM

that's sucks, you were the only besides meself who knew or cared about sports. I don't know if I can face a world without wittisisms from DeWitt on how great the Blazers are gonna be, when they've obviously a long road ahead of them before McMillian can take them anywhere past the second round.    



1:04 PM

speaking of which i still say we should join some sort of fantasy sports league.

--brendan    



1:50 PM

Forgive me Brendan, I forgot you're part of the brotherhood as well. That said...I call dibs on Michael Redd

- smokey    



2:24 AM

fantasy sports leagues bring you one step closer to what I imagine would involve playing some sort of Lord of the rings strategy card game in your basement.

just one step, but a step nonetheless.    



» Post a Comment