<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14495357\x26blogName\x3dGrand+Opening+-+Grand+Closing\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://grandopening-grandclosing.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://grandopening-grandclosing.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7226530990051464965', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

5. M83 - Before the Dawn Heals Us



For me this album feels like an epic, soaring ride through the night sky. Like I've been whisked from my bed and am floating above the world. I think it's fantastic. Keegan would be on the very opposite side of the spectrum. He says, "This album garners perhaps TWO tracks worth listening to a year from now. It's fucking over-produced, dramatic, space pop bullshit and it's so PITCHFORK it makes me wanna puke. Sadly, I like this record, but it should be NO WHERE NEAR A TOP TEN LIST. EVER." Marc is a bit more even handed in his assessment. Mr. Ripper thoughtuflly explains that, "although not in my top ten, I'm actually glad this made the list. Made the rounds on my most played on its release but I've kind of forgotten about it It starts strong and dwindles a bit, I feel." Aaron perhaps too busy listening to old That Dog albums has only gotten around to listening to a few tracks, but that doesn't stop him from passionately declaring them "fucking good", and expressing the hope that when he "gets around to listening to the whole thing it holds up". Chad is "surprised how much he liked it". As am I knowing how openly he detests the French. If you care to give a listen to "Saft", then click on the link below to stream it.

stream safe
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2:07 PM

Fucking French.
-Chad    



6:35 PM

I dig this album, but everytime i listen to it i wish it was done with conventional instruments instead of all the techie beatbox etc. I'm openly suprised at it's inclusion on the list, and i'll honestly admit i'm beholden to the pitchfork demon.    



» Post a Comment